CBD oil is one of the most popular ways to consume CBD. Besides providing relief for anxiety, depression, and other mental health conditions, the oil also promotes better sleep, relieves pain, and offers other health benefits without the high. It is a versatile type of CBD that can be applied in different affected body areas and provide an immediate effect.
However, CBD oil itself confuses sometimes, primarily when used interchangeably with other oil options such as hemp oil and hemp seed oil. They may seem like the same product since they all come from the same plant. However, you need to know that they are different from each other.
If you are curious about which parts are different, this article will help enlighten you about these three variants.
Hemp Oil vs CBD Oil vs Hemp Seed Oil
Hemp oil is what you call any oil directly extracted from the hemp plant, a variation of the cannabis plant.
CBD oil is also an oil extracted from the same plant. However, it comes from different parts. This oil comes from the plant’s flowers, leaves, and stalks. This oil also contains THC but in microscopic amounts—not enough to make a human high.
In essence, hemp oil and CBD oil can be the same product since they came from the same plant. However, some of their components may still differ, particularly in the amount of cannabidiol they contain.
On the other hand, hemp seed oil comes directly from the seeds of the hemp plants. This oil output is usually used as a replacement for olive oil when cooking because of its nutritious elements. Sometimes, it also serves as a carrier oil for CBD oils.
While each of them comes from the same plant, they have different chemical components that make them more effective for specific functions than others. When used incorrectly, their capabilities are not maximised, and they fail to give the intended benefits. That is why it is crucial to know how they differ from each other.
What Are They Good For?
To give you a better idea of which type of oil to buy, here are some of the best characteristics of each oil and what you can use them for:
- CBD oil is known to provide anxiety relief.
- It is also seen as a possible treatment for epilepsy.
- It can effectively relieve pain, such as the symptoms of muscle pain, chronic pain, arthritis, and spinal cord injuries.
- It can reduce inflammation in the body, including acne.
Hemp Seed Oil:
- As mentioned, this oil is excellent to use for cooking due to its fantastic nutritional value.
- It is also an excellent carrier oil for other CBD products you want to use.
- This oil can also be added to smoothies or used as a salad dressing. It can also be used as an additive to baking, but it all depends on whether you like how it tastes.
- This oil has 40 per cent less saturated fat than olive oil. It also contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are helpful for heart and brain health.
- This ingredient is commonly found in beauty products, particularly for those used topically.
Now that you know the main differences between the three, you can choose the appropriate product that fits your needs. Choosing the right oil product would make sure you get the effects that you need. However, besides choosing the right product type, one thing to remember is to acquire your CBD or hemp seed oil from reputable sources.
Quintessential Tips is the UK's leading home-grown cannabis shop. For your CBD and hemp supply needs, browse our online shop. We have CBD oil of various brands and kinds to fit your needs. We offer free UK delivery on all orders over £10. Start shopping now!