There's no doubt that cannabidiol (CBD) has taken the whole world by storm due to their various health benefits. Different products have been produced and proliferated across the globe over the years, such as oils, tinctures, oral sprays, capsules, vape juice, and even edibles. Whether used to remedy epilepsy, ease out anxiety and depression, or relieve chronic pain, they make a world of difference!
However, have you ever wondered about the possibility of mixing CBD and alcohol? That's what we're going to explore in this article.
CBD versus Alcohol
- CBD: This is a naturally occurring compound found in the cannabis plant. While its counterpart—tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)—has psychoactive properties, it has proven to have no 'high' effects at all. Instead, several studies show that it offers a wide range of health benefits, such as relieving chronic pain, treating epilepsy, subsiding depression and anxiety, addressing neurodegenerative disorders, and more.
- Alcohol: This is the primary psychoactive ingredient widely popular in many beverages. In order to produce alcohol, the yeast feeds and processes the sugar in carb-rich foods like grains, grapes, and potatoes. When consumed, the product will make you drunk, which ends up affecting your motor skills and cognitive functions. It is always advised to drink alcoholic beverages in moderation, as frequent and excessive consumption is detrimental to your health.
What it takes to mix CBD and alcohol
Technically, CDB and alcohol can be mixed. However, this subject is still under study and research to ensure that combining the two won't have negative repercussions on public health.
Understand that CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system (ECS) to control essential biological functions and maintain the body's state of equilibrium called homeostasis. On the other hand, alcohol is known for its sedative properties, where people often drink it to reduce social fears and enjoy a sense of relaxation.
That said, mixing the two can significantly amplify their effects. This can potentially lead a person to feel extremely drowsy or completely sedated as well as have intense mood alteration. Unfortunately, there isn't enough research yet to determine how exactly CBD works with alcohol. What's notable is how some studies suggest that CBD may reduce the side effects of alcohol.
The potential benefits of using CBD for alcohol
- Treating hangovers: CBD oil helps manage the symptoms of a hangover such as headaches, increased blood pressure, and nausea. After getting intoxicated, it's best to consume this oil to subside the alcohol effects.
- Protecting cells: Did you know that binge drinking causes cell damages that can lead to inflammation and chronic conditions? What's good about CBD is that it acts as a neuroprotectant to reduce the damages caused by high alcohol consumption.
- Reducing blood alcohol levels: A higher blood alcohol concentration (BAC) brought by excessive drinking leads to more significant impairment in your motor skills and cognitive performance. One study even suggests that CBD lowers the blood alcohol levels.
- Treating alcohol addiction: If you are addicted to alcohol and find it hard to give it up due to withdrawal symptoms, then CBD can be your best bet. It proves to essentially promote internal balance and help manage the symptoms.
At this point, you now have a broad idea of what it takes to mix CBD and alcohol. Be sure to consider all the valuable information discussed above, as more and more studies have yet to be pursued to see the efficacy and potential benefits of mixing the two. Ultimately, we hope this blog has shed some light on what you need to know about the mixture of the two.
Are you looking to mix CBD with alcohol? Take note of our valuable information and quintessential tips discussed above and count on us! We offer the best CBD products in the UK such as edibles, oil, dabbing concentrates, vape juices, and CBD pastes. Browse through our wide selection and place your order today!