- 0 Comment(s)
The answer is yes you can travel with CBD oil to the majority of tourist destinations. With CBD oils and associated products gaining in popularity it is natural for them to be taken with you when you go on holiday or are travelling both internationally and domestically but some caution needs to be used.
There is naturally some concern when cannabinoid consumers want to take their desired natural hemp-based food supplements with them and travelling or going on holiday can be stressful enough without adding more concerns to your itinerary.
We have made this FAQ-style blog to aid you in your decision-making when it comes to your choice to either take or not take your CBD products when leaving home for a while.
It consists of the questions we are asked the most by Cannabis consumers.
Please note that certain countries have their own rules and restrictions and you should not rely on this blog for that kind of up to date travel information. Always check with the country or destination of choices customs information just to be sure you don't flout a recently changed rule. See our list of places you should exercise caution while travelling with CBD further down the page
- Can you carry CBD oils in hand luggage?
- Yes, you can take CBD oils in your onboard hand luggage on a plane. As the majority of the items are 10ml this is not an issue as it does not break the 100ml liquid flying limit however we do think for the peace of mind, that the product would be better off sealed, ready to open and use at your end destination. If this is not possible as you wish to use in on the plane then make sure it's in its plastic see-through bag anyway (to avoid spillage) and for easy inspection should it be required. Otherwise, CBD sweets or chewing gum is a great alternative to oil for ease of use.
- Can I bring CBD oil on a plane UK?
- Yes, you can take CBD oils on a plane both in the hand luggage for easy administration while flying and in the hold luggage if you're not intending to use it until you reach your destination after the flight concludes. If you're flying from UK based airports then you can be sure CBD oils have been seen before and you will not be the first person to have or travel with them if knowing that helps. Treat it as you would any food supplement you may take and travel with but if you are going to one of the countries mentioned in the section further down the page, make sure you're okay to land as flying from the UK with legal CBD is not an issue but landing in Dubai with it, for example, would be.
- Can I fly with CBD oil from the UK to Europe?
- You can fly from the United Kingdom to the European Union countries with the least hassle and fuss. Regular travel between the UK and the EU has resulted in almost friction-less travel and CBD oil is nothing new to the authorities which have more important things to worry about. If you are worried about going on your summer holidays then don't be, flying with CBD oil and associated products is not a problem as long as the products are UK legal.
- Can I take CBD oil to Spain from the UK?
- You can fly from any UK airport to Spain with CBD oil either in your hand luggage or within your main luggage items which go into the planes hold. Spain has a number of CBD oil brands and a 10ml bottle of CBD oil will not be an issue or require you to declare anything as you are taking UK legal CBD into Spain if you are worried perhaps keep your invoice alongside it. Relax, enjoy Spain and have a great time. We have taken CBD oils and CBD vape cartridges to Ibiza, and they were in our pockets. We removed them and put them in the plastic basket to go through security and picked everything up once we had gone through with no hassle or fuss.
- Will You Get Arrested for Travelling With CBD Oil?
- If travelling in the UK or EU via any of the usual methods of transport ie; Road, Rail & Plane then you will not get arrested for travelling with CBD oils and associated products if they are UK / EU legal. The moment your likely to encounter any problems with CBD oils is when crossing borders and exiting or entering certain countries and because Europe is already versed in CBD usage, this means mostly all problems will be encountered at the beginning or end of a plane journey. If you are not breaking the law you will not get arrested however if you go up to the security teams at the airports and wave your CBD oil in their face and make hassle for them they may decide to test it just to annoy you.
- What countries should I not travel with CBD oil
- Countries which you should not travel to with CBD oil include the following destinations. Any countries from the Arab World like Dubai & Oman, South East Asia, so places like Thailand and Malaysia and Indonesia which are big tourist destinations. South Korea and Japan are also not advisable and the same can be said for taking cannabis products to the USA & Russia. It's best not to take CBD oil with you unless you get specific assurances it is okay to do so. We think you should, no matter your destination take a moment to review your chosen products and the laws governing the destination and make an informed choice. Never assume you can travel indiscriminately outside the EU with CBD oil or cannabis products without doing your due diligence. Or inside the EU if products are not legal.
- What CBD oil is best to fly with?
- Flying with CBD is generally fine but which type of CBD oil should you take with you onboard the aircraft? For ease of use and no issues going through security, we would advise a 10ml bottle and one that possibly comes with a unique applicator to ensure smooth delivery, like this plane & travel-friendly CBD applicator. The last thing you want to do is drop CBD oil all over yourself when you come to administering the dosage.
- Can I fly with CBD oil to America
- Up until 26/05/2019 All forms of marijuana were previously prohibited in carry-on bags and checked luggage in the USA. On Sunday, the TSA updated its “What Can I bring?” guidance under medical marijuana. The Transportation Security Administration has now changed its cannabis policy to allow passengers to travel with some forms of CBD oil. The new policy also includes some CBD oil, “as long as it is produced within the regulations defined by the law” under the 2018 Farm Bill, which legalized hemp and hemp derivatives. The TSA’s brand-new rules still ban other forms of marijuana, including CBD oils that have THC, and cannabis-infused products that are still illegal under federal law. It’s not understood how agents will determine the difference. But while agents screen for possible threats to planes and passengers, they do not search for marijuana or other illegal drugs. If they come across anything suspect, they refer it to law enforcement. This may or may not be a good thing for passengers. Depending on the training given to them.
- We hope this has been helpful & safe travels!
Travelling with CBD Oil to Spain and Abroad after Brexit on International Flights
This is not a blog to discuss the merits or pitfalls of Brexit. I think that discussion can rage on elsewhere. This blog is solely to try to assist the average person looking to go on holiday or fly internationally for business reasons and take their CBD Oil with them, either in their carry on hand luggage or inside their main luggage which goes inside the plane hold.
Travelling with CBD Oil to Spain and Abroad after Brexit on International Flights will be a worry to some people as the information currently available is pretty vague at the best of times on matters relating to Brexit so the nitty-gritty of the final implementations of how this will play out regarding flying into other countries on a British passport is going to be up in the air (please forgive my pun)
Firstly we are all getting new passports, Blue ones I believe which have been made in France ready for life and travel post-Brexit on January 1st 2021, these should start being issued according to the Government website from early 2020
Blue passports will be brought in over the coming months. If you need to renew your passport during the beginning part of 2020, you may be issued with either a blue or a burgundy British but all British passports issued from mid-2020 will be blue but all styles of the passport will be equally valid for travel after 31st January 2020
Travel firms are currently stating that “everything will remain the same” for British tourists looking to fly abroad after Brexit after warnings were issued last year about potential restrictions for foreign travel in the event of the UK withdrawing from the EU without an agreement.
Can I Fly abroad with CBD Oil during the Brexit transition period?Cannabinoid consumers can fly abroad from the UK as normal with their legal CBD oils & products as they did before January 31st 2020. The United Kingdom is in a transition period for the rest of the year and we will update this blog before then to ensure customers have up to date info regarding this question.
How to pack your CBD Oil for travel abroad after Brexit Transition period ends? Once the Brexit transition period is over, how you pack your items is likely to remain the same, however, once new information is released we will update this to reflect any changes. Packing of your CBD oils can be stressful when your about to go travelling and flying is always a stressful experience anyway, just think about how many times you will check you still have your passports on you even though you just checked 4 minutes ago. Do you pack them in the hold of the aeroplane for use in the target destination or do you put them in your hand luggage?
Both options have pros and cons and our personal recommendation is to take the main Cannabidiol item in your hold luggage, making sure it's sealed and unopened along with your purchase invoice. If you then also require CBD oil for consumption during the flight, take a nearly finished 10ml bottle also alongside the purchase invoice and consume and use it during the flight. This way if you have any issues your chance of arriving with an intact CBD oil is better than not if you have any issues going through security.
Make sure that either way you choose, that you pack them securely and inside a plastic baggie that sealable - you do not want CBD oil to leak during transit.
Is it safe to take CBD Oil abroad after the Brexit transition period? This will be down to how any new rules and regulations play out regarding CBD oil and if it gets restricted during the next year. The likelihood is that destinations that have no issues with it will remain that way and the only issue you could have is leaving the UK or returning to the UK should something change in how CBD oil is classified in the UK. However, you should always check each countries guides to prohibited items before travel, as these do change sporadically.
What CBD Oil or product is best to fly with on holiday after Brexit ? Same as before Brexit, something small, so a 10ml bottle or multiples of it or CBD capsules are probably the formats that will draw the least amount of attention to you and be easiest to travel with. Vape products that need multiple batteries or mods plus lots of juices can be problematic. Personally when we fly we take a bottle of CBD oil in our hold luggage and then take some CBD Tea and edibles with us for the plane journey to maximise ease of usage without causing more stress or worry.