There are now various hemp products available in the market. People have options depending on their intake preferences; however, having too many choices can be confusing too. If you don’t know whether to use a CBD edible or a CBD oil, let us help you. In this article, we will discuss how the two forms differ.
What are CBD Edible and CBD Oil?
CBD edibles and oil are two of the many different cannabidiol products present in the marketplace today.
CBD edibles refer to the foods and drinks that contain CBD. Cannabidiol, in this form, is added to popular snacks and drinks like cupcakes, gummies, lollipops, chocolates, smoothies, and more. It is one method of making CBD tastes better.
On the other hand, CBD oil contains only the active ingredient of CBD. To make one, CBD is extracted from the cannabis plant and is diluted with a carrier oil —either a hemp seed oil or coconut oil.
CBD Edible vs. CBD Oil: Which works faster?
CBD oil is often used as a tincture. It has more direct contact with the body and has a more concentrated CBD element; therefore, it works faster than the CBD edibles. It will take around 15 minutes before you feel the effects of a CBD oil. Edibles will take effect in around 30 minutes to two hours.
The timing, however, will depend on several factors. Your weight and height, intensities of your activities, and even the food you eat before taking a CBD edible will affect how fast your body can digest an edible. While in CBD oil, once the oil touches the underneath of your tongue, it will directly be absorbed into your bloodstream.
Although the two have their differences, both can bring you the same effects the cannabidiol has. Here are some of their advantages over each other:
CBD Edibles Benefits
- It may take edibles more time before their effects kick in within the body, but their effects last longer. Food takes a while before they fully metabolize. You will feel the positive effects of CBD as long as this process takes place.
- Buying CBD in the form of edibles allows you to store and pack them away easily.
- If you are conscious of what others will say, or you want to take your CBD discreetly, edibles are the least obvious form you can take.
- It is a delicious way to consume CBD.
CBD Oil Benefits
- CBD oil gets absorbed in the body quickly. It does not need digestion before you feel its effects, and it does not need to go through your liver.
- It is convenient to use. Since it is a small oil bottle with a dropper, you can bring it anywhere.
- You can also use it anytime. CBD oils are not only used as a tincture. You can also add some drops to your food and drinks, or cook your food with it.
Which should you get?
Identify which among their strengths is more beneficial to you. If you want a faster effect, you can opt for the oil version. If you want a lasting effect and a more delightful way to take CBD, edibles are perfect for you.
Fortunately, you can always choose to use both.
Options for CBD exist for different uses. Before buying, identify how you want to consume it first, and how fast you want the effects to kick in. You can also choose to try the different forms first until you know which one suits you best.
CBD Oil Sources / References / Citations
1. “Cannabinoids in the Management of Difficult to Treat Pain.” PubMed Central (PMC), 1 Feb. 2008, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2503660.
2. “Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders.” PubMed Central (PMC), 1 Oct. 2015, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4604171.
3. Wikipedia contributors. “Cannabidiol.” Wikipedia, 9 June 2020, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol.