- 3 Comment(s)
Are there any real noticeable benefits from drinking tea made from hemp and how do CBD consumers like to prepare and drink their tea.
CBD oil users and consumers often try a whole range of products when trialling CBD correctly, and rightly so. People get on with things differently from each other and no one size fits all when it comes to the format or method of ingestion. One of the easiest beginner CBD products or add on's to the oil you already take is Tea. It's a super easy and efficient way to ingest the cannabinoids and it is incredibly popular amongst our customers who have found great peace and relaxation from using the tea.
Tea has been drunk throughout history by people of all nations and faiths. It is part of the fabric of our societies in one form or another and it is only right that CBD hemp and Cannabis teas take their place in our hearts too and of course, in our cups or mugs alongside regular green and black tea we have all become accustomed to. Famous CBD Tea drinkers include God in all her forms and the Buddha who loved a good cuppa :) ☕
Let's get serious though, you are here because you wish to know what the benefits may be to you. Some will seek relaxation, some will seek pain relief and others will just want a drink but hemp tea drinking does have some interesting benefits which may surprise you. Hemp tea lovers claim multiple health benefits of Hemp tea, like, help with insomnia, they claim it will reduce anxiety, stress and depression. Ease nausea and irritable bowel syndrome that can frequently happen to chemotherapy patients; help reduce chronic pain & reduce inflammations, therefore popular among rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and multiple sclerosis (MS) patients drinking hemp teas.
Our position is that CBD & Cannabis tea is awesome, and we love it, it is a personal favourite of the web team here at Quintessential. We drink it regularly and personally I have found a deep relaxation and ease from stress and anxiety when I drink tea and while others may not achieve this, I myself can recommend trying it if you are in a stressed out environment. I cut out black teas altogether and now drink several different variations on CBD tea each day. You can check out my recipes further down this blog.
Hemp tea usually consists of dry hemp leaves, containing trace amount of many useful cannabinoids (CBD, THC, etc) that may substantially vary depending on plant species. We sell products from various manufactures who all make their teas from hemp and cannabis plants under the legal UK limit for THC. Some of our teas are also made from the flowers or buds of the plant instead of the leaves - products made like this are more expensive, but for good reason as pure flower CBD tea is great to drink and of a higher quality.
But did you know that the majority cannabinoids are not water-soluble. Therefore, in order to maximize the positive benefits of Hemp tea, we recommend adding to Hemp infusion a few spoons of oil, butter or fats like hemp milk, normal milk or oat milk that will help the cannabinoids to dissolve and be ingested with greater bioavailability than if not done this way. However, I do like a green CBD tea as well and still find ample relief from this method without milk, ultimately the choice is yours, perhaps try both ways. I go green with no milk in the morning and with oat milk at night. For maximum cannabinoid absorption by the body, why not consider drinking your cannabis tea on an empty stomach?
Here are 8 health benefits of drinking cannabis and hemp tea reported by users.
1. Alleviates Stress, Anxiety and Depression: Anxiety and depression are among the most common and pervasive ailments people experience and as a sufferer myself I can relate to this. I find it calming and relaxing and it stops my mind from moving too fast which is often the onset of panic for me. Cannabis and hemp tea has a number of healing qualities that are a positive in this situation. Studies show that cannabis contains powerful neuroprotective properties and plays a major role in regulating emotional behaviour. These effects can be explained in part by the numerous components of the cannabis plant. Cannabis contains antioxidants that help repair cells and protect DNA from damage. Also, prevalent in the hemp cbd teas is the plants anti-inflammatory properties. Consuming cannabis tea is a soothing and milder way to medicate. Not only is the process itself therapeutically relaxing (drinking tea is always nice) but the cannabinoid beverage is loaded with natural healing properties.
2. Promotes Heart Health: We all know regular exercise and a healthy diet rich in nutrients and low in sugars help prevent many forms of heart disease. But did you know that cannabis can also play a part in keeping the old ticker going. According to a study published in the journal Pharmacological Research, cannabinoids can lower blood pressure and help improve circulation in human tissue. Essentially, the compounds found in cannabis open the arteries by causing them to relax and widen. This is significant because high blood pressure and blocked arteries are known to cause heart attacks and heart disease. Drinking cannabis or hemp tea slows the onset of cannabis in the body because it must be absorbed by the digestive system. The effects are therefore gentler and milder.
3. Reduces Chronic Pain: Cannabis and hemp tea is great for pain relief. In fact, this is one of the core reasons why people choose to consume it according to our user reviews. The active ingredients in the plant are absorbed through the digestive track and liver and the tea usually takes effect between 30-90 minutes after ingesting. However, the effects can last around 4-8 hours, peaking at about 2-3 hours in. Because of the slow acting, but long-lasting effects, cannabis-infused tea can be particularly helpful for those with chronic conditions such as cancer, AIDS, MS, and rheumatoid arthritis. Instead of dosing several times throughout the day, one cup of tea provides extended pain relief for many without the need to consume multiple cups each day.
4. Improves Lung Health: Did you know cannabis actually enhances rather than inhibits lung functioning? Probably not because people often consider cannabis and hemp a smokers' product but unlike tobacco, cannabis acts as a bronchodilator rather than a bronchoconstrictor. In other words, cannabis actually lowers resistance in the respiratory track and increases airflow. Quite the opposite of what most people think. Cannabis tea offers a great alternative method of ingestion to people who wish to experience the benefits of cannabis without smoking it. This can be especially beneficial for people battling respiratory ailments which are more common these days.
5. Alleviates Bowel Problems: Cannabis has a long and documented history of aiding in gastrointestinal relief. For people suffering from gastrointestinal disorders such as IBS and Crohn’s disease, cannabis has shown to relieve cramping, constipation and diarrhoea. Research suggests that cannabis interacts with the endogenous cannabinoid receptors in the digestive tract to reduce muscle spasms, pain, and improve motility. Drinking cannabis tea could be a great way to target these symptoms related to the G.I. tract because those cannabinoids head straight for your gut. So, instead of eating cannabis on an upset stomach why not drink it? Not only is the act of sipping on tea therapeutic in itself, but the healing properties of cannabis-infused tea enhance the experience.
6. Eases Symptoms of Nausea: Nausea is a symptom associated with several serious illnesses. Many people, especially those undergoing chemotherapy, experience nausea on a regular basis. The active substance in cannabis, THC, has shown to relieve nausea and stimulate appetite. Drinking cannabis tea can help reduce bouts of nausea and is easy on the stomach. Plus, drinking cannabis tea also increases appetite. This in-turn can help prevent severe weight loss and the nausea associated with chemotherapy for cancer patients.
7. Prevent Onset of Alzheimer’s Disease: Could drinking cannabis tea really prevent Alzheimer’s Disease? According to science, that answer is yes.
A pre-clinical study published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease revealed small doses of THC slowed the production of beta-amyloid proteins. Beta-amyloid proteins are a hallmark characteristic of Alzheimer’s Disease.
Although the findings are preliminary, numerous studies indicate that cannabinoids are neuroprotective – a key factor in preventing the onset of Alzheimer’s Disease.
8. It keeps you Hydrated: Staying hydrated is a great for you, seriously, most people are operating under the required levels of hydration and would you believe it, cans of soft carbonated drinks do not help, nor does regular tea or coffee as they have caffeine and act as a diuretic. If you can increase your liquid intake with a natural unsweetened hemp tea then you will be getting cannabinoids at the same time as staying hydrated and cleansing the body.
Some of our favourite CBD Tea recipes are below, we love getting creative with what we drink and how it tastes. You dont have to try any of these but if you do and feel a benefit then please dont forget to comment below with how you found drinking it.
CBD Iced Tea Recipe - "The Turminator CBD Bomb - This is our version of a drink that will make you feel awesome and fight off all the nasties. We drink one of these every morning on an empty stomach and the results have been brilliant. We can't recommend this enough.
Ingredients: Juice of half a lemon, 1/2 tsp of turmeric (raw turmeric if possible),1/2 tsp ginger powder or fresh grated ginger and a CBD Tea bag plus 1/2 tsp of organic honey or to preferred taste.
Method: First boil the kettle then add all the ingredients to a cup and add tbsp of cold water. Once kettle is boiled top up the cup with the hot water, hey presto you have your Turminator CBD Bomb tea!
CBD Drink recipe " The Green Pride" named in honour of the great protestival set up by Brighton Cannabis Club. It's also very green and fills you with pride much like the event itself. This drink uses a cbd tea bag but does not resemble a tea, we still had to share it though as its brilliant and makes you feel wonderful inside and out. It's more of a CBD smoothie!!
Ingredients: CBD Tea bag steeped in hot water, 2tsp Vital greens powder (or any greens powder), 1 tsp honey.
Method: Add the CBD Teabag to a mug and add the boiling water. Leave to soak for 5-10 mins. Meanwhile, add the greens powder and honey to a glass. Add a little lukewarm water and stir to make a paste. Once your CBD teabag water has cooled add it to the glass and mix until all combined. You can leave the teabag in or out depending on how strong you like it.
CBD Chai Latte this is an indulgent drink full of the spices and warmth that you would expect from cup of chai. Amazing at any time of day, this drink will suit all those that have been to India and love the taste and the memories drinking this CBD latte will evoke.
Ingredients: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup oat milk (or preferred choice), 1 CBD Teabag, 1/2 - 1tsp chai powder, 2 tsp honey or raw cane/ coconut sugar.
Method: Bring all the ingredients to a boil in a saucepan, this usually takes approx 5 mins. Make sure it doesn't burn the milk though. Strain into your mug and take a lovely long sip and relax......
Disclaimer: We hope you have enjoyed this blog, but we have to add while the use of hemp and cannabis teas is well documented now with many testimonials from users, we do not say drinking CBD Tea will aid or cure anything medical related ourselves. The information for this blog is drawn from our own experiences, our customers and from freely available sources online. We take this position ourselves because while it may or may not give you what you want, we won't market to you in this way - just read and research from multiple sources before buying anything from anyone. When happy, we have a great and very large selection of the finest CBD Teas. In fact if we dont stock it, you really do not want it. With so many products circulating its best to be sure rather than taking chances, and we have done all the leg work for you. Our range of cannabis hemp teas are perfect for all.
Please share and comment below with you favourite CBD tea recipes and what your favourite brand is we sell and how you like yo drink your Tea.