- 0 Comment(s)
The use of Cannabidiol (CBD) has brought many health wonders to the health community. Today, it’s been shown to help much with alleviating chronic pain, anxiety and depression, alcohol and drug addiction, epilepsy, and even cancer. This is essentially why many products are being developed and made readily available in the market, whether CBD oil, pills, topicals, vape juice, or edibles. Also, this has led more people to take the plunge into taking CBD regularly.
When it comes to CBD consumption, you may be wondering how long it takes to be absorbed and last in your body. In this article, we will share with you more about this question.
Three factors affecting the CBD longevity
There are three main factors that determine how quickly it can be absorbed and how long its effects can last in your body. The following are the factors to consider:
- Method of administration: This refers to how the supplement is taken or consumed. You may inhale CBD via vape, take it orally via a soft gel, or consume it sublingually with a tincture.
- Size of the dose: This refers to how much supplement you will consume. Logically, the larger the dosage, the longer its effect will be.
- Weight of the person: This refers to how your body reacts to the compound. Typically, the ratio of the CBD doses to your body weight will impact the longevity of the effects.
Common ways to consume CBD
As mentioned, there are different ways to consume the supplement. Read below to see how quickly it can be absorbed by the body and how long it will last, according to the various methods of consumption:
- CBD vape juice: Vaping is said to be the quickest and most efficient way to absorb CBD in your body. When inhaling, it doesn’t have to pass by the liver and gut because it gets into the bloodstream directly. On the other hand, vaping is also the fastest to eliminate the supplement, as its effect only lasts for about two to three hours.
- CBD tinctures: A mix between inhaling and oral intake, the sublingual application is the way to consume CBD tinctures. This method allows it to be absorbed in the mouth before it is wholly swallowed. While its effect begins in 15 to 30 minutes, it is expected to last for four to six hours.
- CBD soft gels or gummies: Oral application of soft gels or gummies is said to be the slowest form of consumption. When taken orally, keep in mind that it has to be broken down by the stomach, intestines, and liver before it is absorbed in the bloodstream. While it takes about two hours for the CBD to take effect, it can last for six to eight hours.
At this point, you now have an idea about what factors to consider in ensuring the longevity of its effects. While CBD is in no way a cure or a way to treat any diseases, it can be a wonderful supplement to improve your well-being and quality of life.
Whether you’re taking CBD vape juice, tinctures, and soft gels or gummies, it helps to know how quickly it can be absorbed and how long its effect can last. That way, you can make the right decision in purchasing products suited for your needs.