The joint and blunt are two traditional methods of smoking cannabis that go by several names. When it comes to joints, they may be referred to as:

  • Doobs/doobies
  • Jays
  • Cigarette Marijuana
  • Pinner
  • Cannon
  • Phatty

And when it comes to blunts, they might be referred to as:

  • Dutch
  • Bleezy
  • The letter L
  • Blizzunt
  • Phatty

Then there's the spliff, which is quite similar to a joint but contains tobacco rolled up with it. To be honest, there is no such thing as a bad name for a blunt or a joint, and it may be amusing to see the names that people come up with or that certain areas use to describe rolled smokeables. In fact, if one of these methods is your preferred way to smoke, try and come up with your own names — have fun with it!

The Types of Rolling Papers

The traditional rolling papers, which are also used for cigarettes, are made of wood pulp. This type comes in a continuous piece and is torn into individual blanks, which are then torn again to make a square shape. The paper is brown, and the blanks can vary in size and shape. However, the papers most commonly come in are a size that holds 0.2-0.3 grams of weed.

Another type of rolling paper is made of rice. These papers are thinner than traditional papers, and they come in sheets. They are typically white or green in colour and can also vary in size. When the sheets are rolled, they are left white on the inside. This type of paper is most often used in blunts, which you'll read about in a minute.

As mentioned above, there are also rolling papers specifically for blunts. These are slightly larger than traditional papers and are made of hemp. The hemp is stripped away from its outer shell, and the resulting paper is a large, white sheet (just like the rice paper above). Again

Different Styles

When it comes to rolling papers, it's also worth noting that there are various types to choose from based on your smoking preferences. For example, if you don't know how to roll a joint, you may buy pre-rolled cones that you just stuff with your preferred cannabis flower. These cones are pre-folded and come in handy to save you the hassle of learning how to roll a joint.

Another type is a rolling paper tube. This is basically the same as a joint-size crutch described below, only you don't have to roll anything. One end has a paper attached to it, which is rolled into the tube, with the other end having an opening.

This is convenient for quickly stuffing a crutch with your flower. Again, it's worth noting that this type of paper is used for convenience: you simply insert the marijuana into the bottom end, and it will all pack into the tube as you smoke it.

The final type of rolling paper is a crutch. Again, this refers to a "joint-size" crutch — a paper rolled into a cone shape and has one end open, like the rolling paper tube above.

Blunt Wraps

In terms of tobacco-based blunt wraps, you have a few options. Firstly, you can go with the classic fronto leaf, a whole unprocessed tobacco leaf that you rip sections from to then roll as you would a joint.

There are also blunts wraps with pre-filled papers, which save you the hassle of rolling your own. These papers are usually white and are made of hemp or rice. You can also buy blunts with a tobacco leaf attached to a paper. The advantage of this is that it makes it easier to light up your blunt, although it can make it a little harsher on the throat.

The Final Wrap

Whether you prefer a joint, blunt, or spliff, the common denominator is the paper used to make it. It's essential to choose the best rolling paper for you when rolling your smokeables, especially if you are trying to avoid the chemicals in cigarette papers.

Are you looking for the best CBD products in the UK? Quintessential Tips is your friendly neighbourhood cannabis shop offering our customers the best CBD products and other services. Get in touch with us today!