Over the past years, CBD has taken the whole world by storm due to its various health benefits. Unlike THC that has a more psychoactive property, CBD doesn’t cause you any “high” effects. Yet, it can be used to treat chronic pain, depression and anxiety, epilepsy, cancer, and neurological disorders, among many others.
There are various CBD products readily available in the market, from CBD oil to topicals down to edibles. When using or taking these, one question that many people have asked is: how long does it take effect? That’s what we’re going to find out in this article!
What to know about the wonders of CBD
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring compound found in the cannabis Sativa plant. This compound is present in its flowers, leaves, stems, and even seeds, which can be extracted and turned into different products. Various studies have been carried out showing the health benefits of CBD, such as the following:
- Anxiety relief (alleviating stress, insomnia, post-traumatic stress disorder)
- Anti-seizure (managing epilepsy)
- Neuroprotective (treating Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease)
- Pain relief (relieving arthritis, chronic pain, MS pain, muscle pain, spinal cord injuries)
- Anti-acne (addressing skin disorders)
- Cancer treatment (treating the symptoms of cancer)
How long does it take to feel the CBD effects?
Now, let’s go back to the original question. The answer to this actually depends on how it is taken, consumed, or used. Below are two primary methods by which CBD products are taken:
- Topical forms: These topical products include balms, ointments, and lotions. For the most part, CBD topicals take effect almost immediately. Once applied to your skin or body, you’ll start to feel the relief for about 15 minutes.
- Ingestible forms: These ingestible products include edibles, gummies, tinctures, and capsules. When taken sublingually, the CBD is absorbed within 30 seconds and takes effect within 15 minutes. When ingested, you’ll feel the effects for about 45 minutes to two hours.
How does one get the most of the CBD effects?
Keep in mind that there are a few key factors you must consider to get the most out of your CBD. That said, be sure to consider these factors:
- Methods: Based on the methods above, how CBD takes effect depends on how you use it, whether ingested or applied.
- Strength: When purchasing a CBD product, you have to know its strength based on its content. As such, be sure to read the product labels beforehand.
- Dosage: Check the labels to see what is appropriate for you. Also, be sure to take your dose daily for optimal results but avoid going overboard, especially if you’re just starting and find the best dosage for you.
- Dosing schedule: Apart from the dosage itself, you also have to factor in your CBD intake or use schedule.
- Body: Keep in mind that the CBD effects vary from one person to another. For this reason, pay attention to how your body responds to it and see which method works for you.
At this point, you now know how long the CBD takes effect. To that end, be sure to consider all the valuable information discussed above, particularly the key factors that influence its effects on your body. Ultimately, you must make the most out of your CBD products to take advantage of its many wonders on your health!
We offer a wide selection of products in the UK—from CBD oils to CBD edibles down to CBD dabs. If you’re looking to take advantage of the health benefits of CBD, visit our website and place your order today!